Nagoya University has many advanced facilities to prepare and process various electronic materials, i.e. semiconductor, magnetic, dielectric, ceramic and organic materials, and also has technical know-how to develop new kind of devices using such materials. The university offers a wide range of support for nano-technology research and development, such as nano-material and thin film processing using magnetron sputtering and molecular beam epitaxy, nano-structure patterning using electron beam and photo lithography, micro and nano-device processing and material analysis using X-ray photo-electron spectrometer, scanning electron microscope, X-ray diffractometer and atomic force microscope. Typical support provided at our facilities is as follows.
- nano-scale and/or micro-scale lithography and patterning
- nano interconnection and nano electrode processing
- nano dot and nano structure alignment
- plasma etching and surface treatment
- electronic and photonic device processing
- MEMS and NEMS technology
- thin film preparation of semiconductor, magnetic, metallic, ceramic and organic materials.